segunda-feira, 25 de outubro de 2010

EFY 2000 - What About

What About

It’s been said that to live is to sorrow
It’s been said that there’s no road for tomorrow
So men stand there and stare up at the twilight
And they work out each day as it seems right

But, oh, I knew we would shine
So I say “Hallelujah” sometimes
And I think now,
All this time has been on this road

And what about all the September moons?
And what about all the flowers in June?
And what about all the times that I sit here in wonder?

You may think I’m wrong for thinking this way
That I could be wrong every hour of each day
And I think about every moment that I can remember

And they say that a silence is worthy
And they said every young man must grow old
So we work and we reason our times
And it’s quiet all around here at night

But, oh, I knew this would be
And I think there is so much to see
And I think now,
All this time has been passing by

And what about all the mountains in spring?
And what about every choir that sings?
And what about every mother that holds a new child?

And I think about all the times as a child
When I couldn’t keep from laughing out loud
So to catch myself I would go out and stay there a while

And all this could have passed me by
Standing lonely all this time

And what about all the September moons?
And what about all the flowers in June?
And what about all the times that I sit here in wonder

You might think I’m wrong for believing this way
That I could be wrong every hour of each day
And I think about all the times that I sit here in wonder
All the times that I sit here in wonder

2 comentários: